Website Home Instead Senior Care
Staffing Coordinator Job Description
Solicitude, Inc. d/b/a Home Instead
The Service Coordinator is expected to perform a variety of duties in the coordination of scheduling service for clients. The Service Coordinator is responsible for matching CNA's and Caregivers to clients based upon training and availability in order to ensure all requested service schedules are appropriately filled. Assignments and schedules must be managed in a manner consistent with our promise to provide the highest quality service to our clients and families with emphasis on creating extraordinary relationships.
- Reflect the values of Solicitude, Inc., (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead franchise).
- Answer incoming calls in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Create and maintain client and CAREGiver schedules with an emphasis on creating high quality matches and the development of extraordinary relationships.
- Schedule case manager introductions or existing caregiver cross-trainings to ensure 100% of new caregiver client engagements are mentored
- Monitor, mediate, and log all client and CAREGiver activity utilizing the software system.
- Enter and maintain accurate client and CAREGiver records in the software system.
- Manage caregiver time-off requests in accordance with policies established in Handbook
- Increase client loyalty to Home Instead by utilizing the consultative sales process to better meet our current client needs.
- Recognize and capture opportunities to increase service hours in scenarios to enhance and/or increase quality care.
- Follow up and communicate CAREGiver and client issues to appropriate supporting colleagues (HR and Client Care) to ensure problems are resolved.
- Maintain regular attendance at the office to execute job responsibilities
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with the franchise owner, colleagues, CAREGivers, clients and family members.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Participate as needed in all CAREGiver meetings
- Perform any and all other related functions and responsibilities deemed necessary
- Maintain non-pass through overtime at or below 40 hours per billing period unless otherwise approved
- Maintain fully staffed client schedules (no unassigned shifts) on a rolling one week horizon by close of business every Friday
- Maintain accurate client schedules into the future on a minimum 90 day horizon
- Maintain updated and accurate CAREGiver availability and personnel information.
- Technical/Vocational Degree or the equivalent
- Two years of related business experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- This position will be part of the team responsible for overseeing all staffing assignments of the CAREGiver staff (direct care employees)
- This position reports to the Operations Director – and is supported by the HR department (for full cycle employment management of direct care employees) and the Client Care department (for client-centric maters)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have an understanding of and uphold the policies and procedures established by Solicitude, Inc., (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead franchise)
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively
- Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills
- Must demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, quarterly, monthly and yearly work
- Must have the ability to establish good working relationships with the franchise owner, office colleagues, clients and CAREGivers
- Must have the ability to sit at a desk and listen effectively for long periods of time on the telephone
- Must present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must have the ability to operate office equipment
- Must be patient and congenial on the telephone
- Must have computer skills and be proficient in Word and Excel
- Must have the ability to perform duties in a professional office setting
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the senior care industry
Your employer is Solicitude, Inc. (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead franchise). Your employer is not Home Instead, Inc. This job description does not create an employment contract, nor imply it. Employment with your employer remains at will.
I have read and thoroughly understand all of the duties of the Service Coordinator position.
__________________________________ ______________________ Supervisor Date
Essential Home Instead
|Delivering Results||Maintaining a high level of commitment to personally getting things done.
People who are competent at delivering results assume personal responsibility for achieving outcomes and work effectively with little direction. They are dependable and responsible.
|Customer Service||Recognizing and understanding customers’ needs and delivering in a manner that exceeds customers’ expectations. People who are competent at customer service have a desire to please customers and can recognize customers’ needs. They consistently do more than is required of them to ensure that the customer is satisfied.|
|Influencing & Persuading||Convincing others to adopt a course of action. People who display this competency influence others without being excessively aggressive or pushy. They understand their audience and modify their method of persuasion accordingly. They are confident and do not give up easily.|
|Teamwork & Collaboration||Effectively working and collaborating with others toward a common goal. People who are competent at teamwork build and maintain cooperative work relationships with others. They complete their own tasks for group projects in a timely and responsible manner and directly contribute to reaching the group goal.|
|Interpersonal Communication||Communicating clearly and effectively with people inside and outside of the organization. People who are competent at interpersonal communication listen effectively and develop rapport with others. They are able to articulate their thoughts and ideas clearly, they present information in a straightforward and logical way, and they ensure that they are understood. They share information with others that will improve overall work progress.|
|Living Home Instead||Building trust, taking the lead and sharing your heart.|
Service Coordinator Competencies
|Adapting to Change||Adapting to changing situations and restructuring tasks and priorities as changes occur within the business and organization. People who are competent at adapting to change are flexible in changing circumstances. They are open to change and different ways of doing things, and do not over-rely on old methods and processes.|
|Planning & Organizing||Effectively organizing and planning work according to organizational needs by defining objectives and anticipating needs and priorities. People who are competent at planning and organizing efficiently manage their time and the time of others and effectively handle multiple demands and competing deadlines. They identify goals, develop plans, estimate time frames and monitor progress.|
|Resilience||Effectively dealing with work related problems, pressure, and stress in a professional and positive manner. People who exhibit resilience maintain a positive attitude even when faced with frustration, pressure or change. They recover quickly when faced with obstacles or setbacks.|
To apply for this job please visit milwaukeewi.in-home-care-jobs.com.